Subject: [Leica] A good while ago
From: rsphotoimages at comcast.net (Bob Shaw)
Date: Wed Apr 4 21:37:31 2007

Sonny:

Back n The Day, man.  It was good; most suckers have no idea what it
was like, nor will they ever know.

Don't ever apologize.

Kudos.

Bob

On Apr 4, 2007, at 17:28, Sonny Carter wrote:

On 4/4/07, s.dimitrov@charter.net <s.dimitrov@charter.net> wrote:

> One of my hobbies is collecting news photos from old defunct wire
> services.
> I collect them to remind myself that there never was a golden age.
> Technical mediocrity was normative.
> Poor quality was the standard.
> Content, more often than not, was poorly arranged and expressed.
> Otherwise, people with cameras, were just making a living.

I was a news cameraman for WAFB-TV in Baton Rouge, and carried a IIIf to
snap a shot if I could, after I got the stuff for the TV station.

The UPI  guy was in New Orleans, at WWL, a competing TV station to our
affilliate in New Orleans..  I would drop my film into their film bag
as we
shipped our newsfilm at the Trailways bus station, and Bernie the UPI
guy
would get it down there.  He would develop and transmit my shot.

I got $7  each shot they played, and replace my film.

Big Money in those days.
--
Regards,

Sonny