Subject: [Leica] A good while ago
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Tue Apr 3 20:59:53 2007

Subject: Re: [Leica] A good while ago

George Lottermoser offered:
>Economically it's a no-brainer. It makes no economic sense to spend
>money on computers, digital cameras, sail boats, horses or horse
>races. Never has and likely never will. But they do provide a great
>kick to life.>

Tina responded:

>>Oh, I beg to differ!  I've saved so much money since switching to
digital that I could afford to retire, if I wanted to ;-)<<<

Hi Tina,
Yep on this one I have to absolutely agree with you on money saved if one is
shooting only digital. Regardless of the electronic gear we purchase,
because it's pretty well a one time buy we save or spend less by shooting
digital

Some of the photographers who belong to the same Stock Agency I do,
"Masterfile." In their first year over and above paying for their new DSLR
cameras and ancillary gear their operating costs due to not buying film and
processing, they saved or made $25 - $30,000!

Pretty well all of them were ahead on the profit margin as well as costs
down. And their sales of images went up! It's the same here...... nothing
but digital and I doubt I'd go back to film unless it was an absolute
necessity.

ted

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] A good while ago)