Subject: [Leica] M8 Coming Home
From: leica at dmason.net (Dave Mason)
Date: Mon Apr 2 11:00:18 2007

Brian Reid <reid@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us> writes:

>> I would think that Leica, having a smaller base of customers (& a
>> higher pricetag) would have at least as good customer service.
>
> You'd think. Alas, Leica USA has the worst customer service of any
> company I have ever encountered. Even superstars like Tina get
> 6-week turnaround, and ordinary mortals get 12 weeks or more.

I've only sent one lens, one time to Leica USA - it took about three
months for them to do their thing - but that wouldn't have been so bad
if they had actually given me ANY communication. I was starting to
worry that the lens had been lost in shipping, lost in the Leica
office, stolen, who knows. I called many times to ONLY get voice
mail. Never got a return call at all, never any indication that they
even knew about my lens besides the very slow arriving initial cost
estimate. All it would have taken for me to be happy was one simple
email giving me some sort of time-line... and assuring me of its
safety. I am not convinced Leica USA knows about email yet.

Now, I go to Sherry.

Dave

Message from reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid) ([Leica] M8 Coming Home)