Subject: [Leica] M8 Coming Home
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Mon Apr 2 10:24:49 2007

At 01:10 PM 4/2/2007, you wrote:
You'd think. Alas, Leica USA has the worst customer service of any
company I have ever encountered. Even superstars like Tina get 6-week
turnaround, and ordinary mortals get 12 weeks or more.

It's true that Leica takes longer than most camera companies for most
repairs, but I've always had excellent service from them.  I would
rather they'd take the time and do it right than have to send it back
several times which has happened with Canon.  Back in the old days
;-) Leica had the reputation of having the most responsible,
responsive customer service of all of the camera companies.  Right
now over on the ProPhoto list they are all complaining about how
awful Nikon's customer service has gotten over the last few years.  I
think you could probably say that customer service of any kind has declined.

Occasionally I'm pleasantly surprised, though.  Sunday I unpacked 4
self-watering windowboxes that I had ordered from Gardener's
Supply.  One of the 4 had a crack in the bottom.  I e-mailed the
company and within two hours, on a Sunday, I had a reply that they
had shipped out a replacement and to just discard the cracked
one.  That's customer service!!

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP, NPPA
http://www.tinamanley.com