Subject: [Leica] OT: Tivoli Model One Hi-Fi radio
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Mon Apr 2 09:13:51 2007

At 12:07 PM 4/2/2007, you wrote:
>Now for a wrinkle.  Right now, Radio Shack has a radio that looks
>suspiciously like the Tivoli with the controls slightly rearranged.
>It'son sale for $50--a far cry from the Tivoli's $120 price.  I'm
>wondering if it is the same radio made by the same Chinese factory,
>or if the similarity is only skin-deep.
>
>http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2560351&cp=2032057.2032185&parentPage=family
>
>--Peter

I just got a Boston Acoustics Radio to use out at the farm where
reception is really poor on ordinary radios.  This one pulls in
really weak stations and sounds great:
http://radio.bostonacoustics.com/recepter_radio_info.html

I got it at Target for $149.  If I were you though, I'd go to Radio
Shack and try that one out.  It would certainly be a good buy if it's as
good!

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP, NPPA
http://www.tinamanley.com