Subject: [Leica] Focus shift on 50/1.4 Nikkor on M8
From: leica at screengang.com (Didier Ludwig)
Date: Sun Apr 1 14:34:11 2007

You CAN shoot sharp wide open with that lens - just need to find out where
the plane of the effective sharpness really is - if in front or behind the
plane you focused, and how much. Then you focus as usually and correct it
manually. I have to do that with the collapsible Summicron 50 on the Epson
too, when used close up wide open. After focusing, I move the focus tab 5
degrees toward closeup or move 5cm backwards. But honestly, that's not a
very fast shooting style, just good for ecxeptional situations.
Didier

Message from jsmith342 at cox.net (Jeffery Smith) ([Leica] Focus shift on 50/1.4 Nikkor on M8)