Subject: [Leica] Re: P 51 for two
From: ISILVERMN at aol.com (ISILVERMN@aol.com)
Date: Sun Apr 1 11:44:21 2007

On Sun, 1 Apr 2007 12:54:30 -0500 "Jim Nichols" _jhnichols@bellsouth.net_
(mailto:jhnichols@bellsouth.net)   wrote:

"My memory isn't too clear after 40 years.  I was renting a  plane to fly
locally, and practiced landings at Kissimmee when there was nothing  there
except
for me and some cows. My, how that has changed.  When I asked  about the
Mustang, I seem to recall that the young man had family connections to  the
oil
industry, hence money to afford such toys."

Jim, I'm willing to bet the man was Kermit Weeks, who was a national
aerobatic champion and inherited a ton of oil money from South Africa,
IIRC.  He
later built an air museum in Kissimee, which he later moved to  Polk City,
FL as
the "Fantasy of Flight."  He advertises it as the "world's  greatest
collection," and he's not far from the truth.

_http://www.fantasyofflight.com/_ (http://www.fantasyofflight.com/)

Very Best Regards,

Ira

Replies: Reply from jhnichols at bellsouth.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] Re: P 51 for two)