Subject: [Leica] Panhandle: Fencing the desolate and the prosiac
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sun Apr 1 09:26:10 2007

Bill Clough showed another interesting one!

>   Here is the latest Texas Panhandle submission:
>
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Bill1941/Panhandle/Halfhouse-0966+Sept+1970.jpg.html

Hi Bill,
Given the simplicity of producing our own books these days through BLURB or
other printing houses, it seems everytime you put a new photograph up from
this series it strengthens the viability of becoming a book.

>From personal experience. I'd make a full set of perfect quality prints 8.5
X 11 or 11X17 of the strongest photos and start banging on publishing house
doors, certainly those in Texas. Write a photographer's preface or a short
editorial piece to go with them.

You don't  have to write tons of text unless you feel you can knock it off
well. This is a visual book much like my "Women in Medicine" where the
publisher, if they see the viability of a book, would or might assign a
writer to fit the pictures.

At least the series deserves to be an exhibition in a major Texas gallery
some where in the state.

Please keep them coming as it's interesting to see as a series and how
you've created "art" from the arid sands of time.

ted