Subject: [Leica] IMG: Identify this bird
From: telyt at telus.net (David Young)
Date: Sat Mar 31 14:29:28 2007

At 31/03/2007, you wrote:
>I have been trying to identify this bird with no success. She is from
>the Finch family but doesn't look like a bird in my field guide. The
>closest I can find is a White-Collared Seedeater. But that bird is
>generally not found in the North East. Anybody have an idea.
>Unfortunately she wouldn't show all of her face for me, but this is
>the best shot I could get.
>
>Leica 560mm f6.8 Telyt and canon 20D.
>
>http://tinyurl.com/ys6ljp
>
>Thanks,
>Len

Hi Len!

It looks like the common sparrow, to me.  The English or Common House
Sparrow (Passer domesticus) was imported to North America  in 1850.
 From a beginning of eight pairs released in New York, has spread
from coast to coast in both USA and Canada.

See: http://www.telyt.50megs.com/nab_Eng_Sparrow.htm and see if it
matches what you saw.

Hope this helps!

Cheers!