Subject: [Leica] IMG - Pinewood Derby
From: ricc at mindspring.com (Ric Carter)
Date: Sat Mar 31 08:49:28 2007

Wade--

That's a really fine document of the occasion. I hope those Cubs have
a website to share it with the world. It looks like you guys had lots
of fun, even the little ones forced to attend someone else's occasion.

I remember one I covered years ago. It became a very striking lesson
for me on keeping rules in perspective.

There were two fathers there who had gotten copies of the rulebook
for the event. They further discovered that keen and precise
interpretation of said rules gave their Cubs an advantage in the
competition.

It was one of the most depressing affairs I ever witnessed.

Ric Carter
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/ricc/

Replies: Reply from sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter) ([Leica] IMG - Pinewood Derby)