Subject: [Leica] Crumpler "five million dollar home"
From: freakscene at weirdness.com (Marty Deveney)
Date: Fri Mar 30 03:17:52 2007

There is a Crumpler store 10 minutes walk from our house here in
Adelaide.  We have about fifteen various Crumpler things (I even have the
seemingly no longer available 'leg thingy' - don't ask if you don't know)
.  For an M8 and a couple of spare lenses, Jeffery's suggestions are
absolutely right, but also keep in mind the Quarfie and its Bucket.  You
can put dividers in the bucket to arrange space for the camera with lens
and other lenses, plus wallet, pen, notebook, business cards, mobile
phone etc.  You may need to have small lenses to do this, but the
Soupansalad Son-O and its bucket (the next size up) would be right if
your lenses are all Summilux or Noctilux size.  The nice thing about
these is you can use the bags to carry other stuff if you need to.

My first Crumplers were made in Australia.  The next few were made in
Vietnam.  The newest ones are made in China.  Some say this makes a
difference.  They're all good, very good.  About the only thing to watch
out for is that Chicken-Tex™ is tougher than clothes.  Expect a lot
of pilling.  I have t-shirts that I've worn on holidays where I've walked
a lot with a Crumpler that are almost worn through.  This seems to be
dependant on friction - smooth materials don't rub as much.

Irrespective of this, I wouldn't carry a camera, laptop, phone, whatever,
in anything else.

Keep on Crumpling.

Marty

Replies: Reply from Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie) ([Leica] Crumpler "five million dollar home")