Subject: [Leica] Photofreek?
From: reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid)
Date: Thu Mar 29 19:08:12 2007

> This is beginning to sound like the crucifixion of Alf here.  Photophreak
> is a real person... with a lot of experience.  He was even on the LUG IRC
> as I recall.  Some great pictures and some great experiences..

Alfie got his butt kicked because almost everyone hated his photographs and
he was charging Fifth Avenue money for them. It was his mixture of attitude
and artistic sensibility that got him nailed to the drying rack.  If you can
get past the anonymous thing, Freak's postings are literate, witty, spelled
properly, and gentle.

I haven't seen anyone criticize Mr Freak here; that bit about the grassy
knoll was a joke. I was initially torqued about Mr Freak because I don't
normally permit anonymous LUG members (probably 120 foot-pounds) but I'm
good with it now. On the other hand, I'd LOVE to see some of his photos.

Replies: Reply from hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson) ([Leica] Photofreek?)
Reply from gregj.lorenzo at shaw.ca (GREG LORENZO) ([Leica] Photofreek?)
Reply from jmaddox01 at suddenlink.net (Jack Maddox) ([Leica] Photofreek?)
Reply from jbm at jbm.org (Jeff Moore) ([Leica] Photofreek?)