Subject: [Leica] Re: Corvair
From: kenfphoto at gmail.com (Ken Firestone)
Date: Thu Mar 29 17:50:58 2007

On 3/28/07, Henning Wulff <henningw@archiphoto.com> wrote:

> At 3:34 PM -0600 3/28/07, GREG LORENZO wrote:
> >Lawrence Zeitlin writes:
> >
> >>  On Mar 28, 2007, at 4:06 PM, Jim wrote:
> >
> >>  Ah yes - but "unsafe at any speed."
> >>
> >>  I remember it well.
> >>

> >Only if, like Ralph Nadar (sp), you can't drive.
> >
> >Greg J. Lorenzo
> >Calgary, Alberta
>
> Greg, the early Corvairs put a whole new meaning into 'swing axle'.
> The Corvairs truly were evil handling cars at the limit. The only
> thing I can think of that came close was the Triumph Herald of 'Hark
> the Herald Axles Swing' fame, or rather, infamy.

And the VW bugs of that time as well. At least GM had the good sense to add
a camber compensator to the 64 Corvair. This was available as an aftermarket
accessory, and someting Triumph and VW never did. In 1965 GM completely
redesigned the Corvair rear end, making it one of the best around. I had a
66 which I loved.

And as for Ralph Nadar, he is what Mark Twain would call a "stupid human
donkey." He mistreated his employees, and is personally responsible for the
selection of G.W Bush as our President.

Ken F.

Message from gregj.lorenzo at shaw.ca (GREG LORENZO) ([Leica] Re: Corvair)