Subject: [Leica] OT: German Gear Question
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu Mar 29 10:49:27 2007

On 3/28/07 6:50 PM, "Marshall Hunt" <huntmc2@gmail.com> typed:

> slightly--It's advertised as giving 1:1 viewing.  But it's not a magnifier
> such as the 4x chimney.
>
> On 3/28/07, Kenneth Frazier <kennybod@mac.com> wrote:
>>

>> On Mar 28, 2007, at 6:27 PM, Marshall Hunt wrote:
>>
>>> The RolleiPentaprism  only fits those models that have the
>>> removable hood.

Its not that magnified. Without the use of a spit image focusing circle you
can not focus the camera at all with this prism on it. And it makes the
camera too heavy. And then you've got it suspended in front of face hanging
in the air instead of against your chest like a Rolleiflex belongs.
Years later did I finally get a folding finder for my Rolleiflex. As a boom
to my use of the camera. Although I used to tape the folding finder from my
Hasselblad on it.
And I'd use the ground glass bare with a loupe sitting on top of it on a
tripod.

Mark Rabiner
8A/109s
New York, NY