Subject: [Leica] Re:35mm film in plastic cassettes
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Thu Mar 29 07:06:20 2007

Rei Shinozuka asked:
> do you think something like delta 3200 will be affected? i'm kind of
> worried d3200 could be affected from across the room.  as well as
> by cosmic radiation at 37,000 feet.<<<

Rei,
SA 3200 of any film manufacturer is deteriorating daily in your freezer or
any place from normal planet Earth radiation.  Buy it use it!!!!! Don't keep
it around!

When I've used 3200 in the past I buy it and use it right away. I also try
to determine how long the film has been on the shelf in the store before
purchase.

But if you're using 3200 film in Disneyland you must be intending to shoot
everything inside the deep dark rides as they pass through the exhibits.  I
shot all colour simply because everything there is "colourful!"

And at 37,000 feet I don't think it matters about radiation, we're getting
zapped daily whether ground level or in a plane. I'm sure some of our
members well schooled in the effects of Earth radiation may have some true
figures.

ted

Message from leicachris at worldnet.att.net (Christopher Williams) ([Leica] Re:35mm film in plastic cassettes)
Message from tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant) ([Leica] Re:35mm film in plastic cassettes)