Subject: [Leica] Re: Corvair
From: leicam4pro at yahoo.com (Photo Phreak)
Date: Wed Mar 28 16:21:51 2007

All it took to fix the problem was an EMPI camber compensator, a set of Koni
shocks and Pirelli Cinturato tires.  I know 'cause I did it.

  And GM finally did put the camber compensator on for the '64 model year.

  But without them the car could be dangerous.  Not very many americans
really know how to drive a car like this.

Marc James Small <marcsmall@comcast.net> wrote:
  At 05:21 PM 3/28/2007, Lawrence Zeitlin wrote:

>On Mar 28, 2007, at 4:06 PM, Jim wrote:
>
>>> Love those first generation Corvairs! Air cooled, rear engine, but
>>> large
>>> enough for the yankee posterior.
>
>Ah yes - but "unsafe at any speed."
>
>I remember it well.

That is BS and you know it better, probably, than
do I. Rear-engined cars handle differently in
tight turns than do front-engined cars. I damned
near flipped out my 1960 VW in 1970 due to
"trailing throttle overstreer". Take it to the
bank, lad,. GM's only problem was in not advising
its customers of the situation. It is not a
problem: it is just a situation. That little
cheap +_)(*&& jerk, Nader, tried to make a case
against VW and Porsche which was bouced rapidly
out of Court as these companies HAD advised their
customers of "trailing throttle oversteer".

Nader was a shit. He has always been a shit. He
is a shit today. Contact me off-List if you
really want to know how I feel abut this
obnoxious bit of detergent chaff. He is, in
short, a great example of, well, a shit.

Marc

msmall@aya.yale.edu
Cha robh b?s fir gun ghr?s fir!