Subject: [Leica] bring a leica to disneyworld?
From: jeffmatsler at amaonline.com (Jeff Matsler)
Date: Wed Mar 28 14:43:08 2007

Hi Hoppy,

Once you get to the hotels / resort area, it's literally 45 minutes or more
back to civilization - and that is tourism's version of civilization.  If
you are in your own car, you would be able to eventually find someplace, but
if you're staying on property, or in one of the hundreds of hotels in the
vicinity - there just isn't a "real" town or city close by.  It's kind of
mind blowing.  There may be a few neighborhoods nestled in between DW,
Universal Studios and the others (hey, the employees have to live
somewhere), but I wouldn't know where to begin looking - especially for a
nice camera / film store.

You are definitely right about the new machines being safe for modern, slow
film.  The last time I flew to Dallas for the day with my M3, I let them run
it through the x-ray machine.  I cringed, but the film was fine and all the
pictures came out ok - as ok as they would have otherwise.  It's just the 30
year "thou shalt not" about film in x-ray machines beating in my brain when
I'm at the airport that makes it seem almost taboo.

Jeff M