Subject: [Leica] TECH: Advice and experience requested
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Wed Mar 28 04:21:02 2007

At 05:22 AM 3/28/2007, you wrote:
>This may seem a bit fuzzy so I have posted two sample crops that may
>give you an idea of what the issue is.
>
>1) Cropped after development in SPix.
><http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Phileica/Oiseaux/SilkPix.jpg.html>
>
>2) The same after auto adjustment for levels, contrast and colour
>were made in PS.
><http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Phileica/Oiseaux/PhotoShop.jpg.html>
>
>Downhearted Phil...x

Phil -  You are processing the photos twice.  After you've processed
and converted them in SilkyPix, you shouldn't need to do it again in
PhotoShop.  I just use photoshop for adjustment layers and spotting
now.  Don't ever use automatic levels or contrast.  You can do a much
better job yourself on the RAW files in SilkyPix or Lightroom.

Hope this helps.

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP, NPPA
http://www.tinamanley.com