Subject: [Leica] TECH: Advice and experience requested
From: phamard at numericable.fr (Philippe Amard)
Date: Wed Mar 28 01:21:40 2007

Hi Listers and Luggers,

I followed Ted's advice and went out shooting early this morning - back
home I started to process the files in Lightroom and didn't get what I
had been after, so I turned back to Silkpix and PSElements.

With SP no apparent problem and I was quite pleased, but when I further
processed the files in PSE I was so disappointed that I started putting
the blame on myself for not knowing how to use it, and on my gear, that
might have had some technical problem.

This may seem a bit fuzzy so I have posted two sample crops that may
give you an idea of what the issue is.

1) Cropped after development in SPix.
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Phileica/Oiseaux/SilkPix.jpg.html>

2) The same after auto adjustment for levels, contrast and colour were
made in PS.
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Phileica/Oiseaux/PhotoShop.jpg.html>

So the questions :

Who/what is faulty for the absolute catastrophy in color, contrast and
sharpness rendition?

a) is it the photographer
b) the  camera
c) the lense
d) processing
e) none of the above
f) don't care, get back to film you're wasting your time and mine ;-)

Thanks in anticipation for helping me out of this.
Yours
Downhearted Phil...x

Replies: Reply from images at comporium.net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] TECH: Advice and experience requested)