Subject: [Leica] OT: Thoughts on Irish whiskeys
From: dommorris at rogers.com (Dominic Morris)
Date: Tue Mar 27 02:30:05 2007

Marc,

You have my admiration and my respect.

Regards,
Dom

On 25-Mar-07, at 11:58 PM, Mark Rabiner wrote:

On 3/25/07 10:03 PM, "Marc James Small" <marcsmall@comcast.net> typed:

> At 08:35 PM 3/25/2007, Jerry Lehrer wrote:
>> Marc,
>>
>> Sensitivity or acuteness of taste is such a personal entity that I
>> will
>> forego saying that you are
>> FOS.
>>
>> We recently ran a series of blind taste tests of Irish Whiskeys,
>> Scotch
>> Whiskys and Irish
>> Stouts.  At different times of course!
>
> You come from a group of greater drinkers, I fear, than occurs in
> my circle.
>
> How big was your sample group?  I had suggested a
> thousand.  Was yours that large?  I doubt
> it.  Therefore, your results are piffle.
>
> Marc

Its a civilized topic for civilized people but we should not forgot
that for
every person with a crack or hard drug or any kind of drug problem
there are
TEN THOUSAND people dying slowly and with great humiliation from all
kinds
of problems from alcohol. There are few less pleasant ways to go. You go
real slow. You are left with little respect.
Its the drug which kills us by far the most. And its serious business.
I wish the stuff never existed. Sorry. I'd recommend a non poisonous
present
for anyone to anybody for any occasion. I've not drank for 1728 days. If
there's anything I'm more happy about than that than I don't know
what it
is.

Mark Rabiner
8A/109s