Subject: [Leica] first photo's replys
From: jmaddox01 at suddenlink.net (jmaddox01@suddenlink.net)
Date: Mon Mar 26 16:36:31 2007

Hello Everyone,
I would like to thank all who replied to my first submission to the LUG.
Your responce was more than I could have expected. It is encouraging and
refreshing to read what others have to say about ones work. One would be
hard pressed to not use it to there profit.
To answer a few:

Philippe I have tried on more than one occasion to convert the bottle to B &
W with no luck. I just can't seem to give it as much life as the color copy.
It is not so much the negatives fault as my ineptitude with photoshop.

George you are absolutely right. The bottle has no place in the middle of
the print.
It forces one to just look at the bottle in detriment to everything else and
doesn't make for a pleasing whole. Given some time I'll see if I can correct
this.

Tina you have me pegged after only 4 photos. I am a paint and rock kind of
guy. I have never developed the skill to have people do anything but freeze
when I point my camera at them. In my defense of the mill shot it was
infinitely harder to leave the people out than in. The place is extremely
popular and people were crawling everywhere. In the cemetery photo the
people are there I just couldn't dig them up (pun intended).

Dominic there may be yet one more explanation for the bottle name. This was
a whiskey bottle. It could be that ones Bottle was contained within the
bottle and when this Bottle was depleted the bottle was discarded. Whew!
that was hard for someone on this side of the pond to say.

Again thanks to all for your kind words and advice
Jack Maddox

Replies: Reply from len-1 at comcast.net (Leonard Taupier) ([Leica] first photo's replys)
Reply from len-1 at comcast.net (Leonard Taupier) ([Leica] first photo's replys)