Subject: [Leica] M8 first glitch
From: imagist3 at mac.com (Lottermoser George)
Date: Mon Mar 26 13:57:10 2007

Quite true. I've always had back up bodies with each "system." The
only exception is my 'Blad CM. I had a C backup body for so long
without ever using it - I finally sold C. But I did have back up
lenses and backs for 'blad. The CM body just works - always has -
and, however wrong the thinking, I do believe it always will.

I guess that also holds true for the Linhof Tech IV and Deardorf as
well - no backup bodies. The back up with these is black tape. Never
leave home without it when shooting view cameras ;~)

But the Nikons, Leicas and Canons have always had backup bodies. No
way can I imagine affording a backup M8 - So the one M6TTL (sold the
other one) - film - is its backup. Feels both weird and comfortable
at the same time.

Regards,
George Lottermoser
george@imagist.com