Subject: [Leica] M8 Neck strap Failure
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sun Mar 25 19:29:16 2007

On 3/25/07 2:22 PM, "Sonny Carter" <sonc.hegr@gmail.com> typed:

> I've  never trusted them,  I use Domke, and  double-bind the  ends into the
> sliders.

Me too. Domke straps is the first thing I tell my photo friends about if
they ask my advise about gear type stuff.
To me nothing looks worse than just about any other strap.

But for my IIIF have a very simple artisan and artist cloth strap I got from
Photovillage http://www.artisanandartist.com/straps/acam102.htm
Which is a cross between a wrist strap almost and neck strap. Its kind of
short and non adjustable. Which is a good thing its kind of a new thing you
have to change your mind set a little and workflo. Normally my workflo is
kill people who use the word "workflo" now I'm doing it.
I seldom have a camera around my neck for more than 45 seconds when i'm
making change a the Plaid Pantry. I keep the strap around my wrist.

I never hang it over a shoulder. I don't trust my shoulder.

Mark Rabiner
8A/109s
New York, NY

markrabiner.com