Subject: [Leica] M8 and SD cards
From: heninger at adobe.com (Wade Heninger)
Date: Fri Mar 23 20:58:11 2007

On 3/23/07 5:21 PM, "Dante Stella" <dstella1@ameritech.net> wrote:

> For people who have used M8s for a while, do you need accelerated SD
> cards with the camera?  Or is the normal SD write speed generally
> sufficient for M-type pictures?  I don't see filling up a huge
> buffer, and from what I have read, it would be 5 seconds write time
> per card for standard-speed SD.
>
> The reason I ask is that my Kodak 14n really likes Microdrives or
> accelerated CF - but when writing to the SD card, it doesn't seem to
> care how fast the card is.

I find that I hit the buffer all the time with my regular Kingston 2 gb SD
cards.  They are not accelerated and for the shooting I'm doing now, I'm
going to need to replace them.

The transcend 4gb card works pretty good.  I get about 10 shots before it
starts to act up.  The Kingston cards give me 3 or 4 and are glacial about
write times compared to the transcends.  It can take 20 or 30 seconds to
clear

w a d e  h e n i n g e r
u s e r  e x p e r i e n c e
a d o b e  s y s t e m s ,  i n c