Subject: [Leica] OT - was Ken Rockwell, now Tom Corbett, Space Cadet
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Fri Mar 23 20:35:48 2007

Mark Rabiner offered:
> My Grandfather was over there also in The Great War he was a neurologist.
> They'd climb in a biplane and fly across the lines to party on the German
> side because that's where all the good parties were. Everybody knew that.
> This is a "family story" so may not be true as family stories are family
> stories. But I have a hunch there's a ring of truth to it.<<<

Mark I'd not be the least surprised at this kind of partying in The Great
War. If there's such a thing as a civilized war, I think there are many
examples illustrating how both sides related to each other while sharing a
common bond of life. Unfortunately they also shared the same bond of trying
to kill each other. :-(

There are Christmas Eve stories about the Canadians at Vimy ridge and the
German trenches so close that on Christmas Eve they stopped shooting at each
other. Then broke out singing the same Christmas hymns or carols together in
English and German.

At day break they went back to battle! Damn we humans are a crazy lot!

ted

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] OT - was Ken Rockwell, now Tom Corbett, Space Cadet)
Reply from leicam4pro at yahoo.com (Photo Phreak) ([Leica] OT - was Ken Rockwell, now Tom Corbett, Space Cadet)