Subject: [Leica] Fatehpur Sikri
From: jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Fri Mar 23 07:14:01 2007

In continuation of my Tal Mahal trip, I also visited Fatehpur Sikri which
is  close to Agra. This city was built as the imperial capital in the late
16th century by the greatest of the Mughal emperors, Akbar, in honour of a
saint, Salim Chisti, who had predicted the birth of a son. Unfortunately, it
was  abandoned after ten years or so because of a lack of water. It is also
a UNESCO World Heritage Centre:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand_001/fatehpur/

Comments, criticism and advice welcome.

Incidentally, Shah Jahan, who built the Taj Mahal, was Akbar's grandson, so
Fatehpur Sikri predates the Taj Mahal by 65-70 years.

Cheers
Jayanand

Replies: Reply from clive.moss at gmail.com (Clive Moss) ([Leica] Fatehpur Sikri)
Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (Lottermoser George) ([Leica] Fatehpur Sikri)