Subject: [Leica] Friday FS - Blowing my own horn... again!
From: telyt at telus.net (David Young)
Date: Fri Mar 23 06:18:17 2007

All:

As I mentioned, a couple of weeks ago, I rarely hear from the buyers
of my prints... they pay, I ship, and that's it.

However, a few days ago, I received a note from a customer who shall
remain nameless, for his is a member of these lists.  He said:

>Received the woodpecker framed print a few days ago.  Its just
>great.  Thanks again for offering your fine work at a bargain
>price.  Will look over your other offerings and order something else soon.

It's that sort of comment that warms my heart much more than the
modest number of dollars derived from the effort.  :-)

My prints are, indeed, "a bargain price:". After all, where else can
you buy a limited edition, tastefully matted and framed, wildlife
print that is signed & numbered by the photographer, for just $59?

Perhaps a second hand, shop, if you're lucky enough to find one!

If you consider the cost of getting anything framed, these days, your
first question has to be "how does he do it?"

Well, it's simple, I found a source of very attractive, yet
inexpensive, frames which look very much like the basic black metal
frames that most of us are so fond of for our own shots.   I then
went out and bought a mat cutter and mat board and learned how to do
the whole thing myself!    (I'd checked with a dozen or more framers
and none of them would do the framing for as little as I sell my
framed prints! And that's in lots of a dozen at a time!)

By the way, my supply of these frames is starting to run low, and I
am, it seems, unable to replace them.  When they are gone, I will
have to move to genuine, metal frames.  They are a bit nicer, it's
true... but this will result in my prices increasing by nearly $30,
just to cover the cost of the frames!  Tempus Fugit!

This week, I have added a new print, the English Sparrow, which can be seen
at:

http://www.telyt.50megs.com/nab_Eng_Sparrow.htm

There are now 29 different photos available and you can see them all, at:

www.telyt.com

Visa & Mastercard accepted though PayPal.

BTW: If you have the need, publication rights to most of these photos
can now be purchased at: http://tinyurl.com/2amll4 - but the genuine
article cost considerably less!

Thanks for reading.
---