Subject: [Leica] OT - the truth about Ken Rockwell
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu Mar 22 12:46:50 2007

His drawings look just like photographs but he should never have tried to
restart the Nazi party in the USA.

He wants you to use srgb not adobe RGB.
I keep my eye on him.

http://www.kenrockwell.com/tech/adobe-rgb.htm

I bought yesterday a small flash an SB-400 mainly on his word. 100 bucks and
it bounces. I maybe get the cord for 130 bucks.

He just had a kid this month and is in very good spirits about it and seems
very nice I've read him for a decade now so its like old home week.

his pictures are reformatted into a 4:3 format. Very squareish.
Odd

We Nikon people also have Moose. Who makes a kind of down home geek mentor
of a different color.
I think of him as Astro in Tom Corbett space cadet but I have an odd memory.
http://www.moosepeterson.com/gear/index.html

They call him Moose no doubth because on his back on long hikes he carries
(his light pack)
Nikon D2Xs
Nikon D2Hs
Nikon D200 **
600f4 AFSII and the list goes way down the page.

Both these Nikon mentors do above average images themselves.
Nothing to either complain or get intimidated about.
Both are so good they they're worth checking out even if you hated Nikons
and nothing got between you and your EOS.

Here on the LUG we have our own Leica expert (we think) Erwin who is smarter
than both these Nikon guys put together times 3.

On the RUG, the Rollei list we have Richard Knoppow who may be 3 times
smarter than Erwin I don't know I cant see those wavelengths without special
glasses with a hearing aid attached.
Erwin does great glamour fashion stuff which is uncanny for those left
brained types. Or is it right brained?

Hair brained
Mark Rabiner
8A/109s