Subject: [Leica] probably your worse case nightmare! :-(
From: r.s.taylor at comcast.net (Richard S. Taylor)
Date: Tue Mar 20 19:18:44 2007

Ted - You've all ready heard the best advice.  Job one is to get that
drive to a disk recovery expert.  All is almost certainly NOT lost.
Those guys and gals often work miracles.  Good luck!

Glad to hear that the Bravo production is finally getting underway.
You're gonna' wow 'em, I'm sure.

Dick

>Howdy folks,
>I know some of you have experienced the total utter anguish of loss
>when a hard drive crashes and burns taking everyone with it!
>
>My main PHOTO  hard-drive crashed in big flames taking about three
>months of careful prepared material, photo editing, writing,
>scanning each photo and all the other aspects of producing a new
>photography book on the life and times of the old guy. One can only
>say.... "What the hell that'll teach you not to back-up every single
>moment!"  The truth? Well I did some of it. Please note...."some of
>it." :-(
>
>The only reason I'm telling you? I have to tell someone or slash my
>wrists or cut my throat and at the moment I thought telling someone
>was the better of the options! :-)

(snip)