Subject: [Leica] First computer
From: drodgers at casefarms.com (David Rodgers)
Date: Tue Mar 20 13:13:32 2007

One sad moment in early microcomputer history was the death of Dennis
Barnhart, the founder of Eagle Computer. Back in June of 1983 I lived in
Hollister and had to do some work in Cupertino. I drove by the site
where he wrecked his Ferrari the day after the accident occurred. Things
might be different today had that wreck not happened. I really wanted to
own an Eagle computer back then. Maybe even more than I want to own and
M8 today. In real dollars an Eagle Computer was probably 3 times the
cost of an M8 is now.

DaveR