Subject: [Leica] Focus, Noctilux, M8, C Mode & Scotch
From: imagist3 at mac.com (Lottermoser George)
Date: Mon Mar 19 07:08:14 2007

Over on the Leica Camera User a Leica rep responded to this "ruler
test" with some insight. Because the range finder windows are off
axis from the lens the test is really quite useless for rangefinder
cameras. One really has to check the focus with the film plane and
the subject plane at absolute parallel - as that is the only time
that the rangefinder  and subject will actually work. Makes perfect
sense. When you consider this while testing; results become very
different. It quite altered my way of testing and working with the M
in the last few weeks.

Regards,
George Lottermoser
george@imagist.com