Subject: [Leica] why users love it
From: grduprey at mchsi.com (grduprey@mchsi.com)
Date: Wed Mar 14 17:03:17 2007

Jayanand,

I looked at the 18 -70, but did not like it as much as the 18-200.  Yes,
both are very good, but also very slow, and since alot of my work lately has
been inside and action, it just does not meet my needs.  But as a general
all around lens it is great.  The 18-200 is heavy and the zoom creep is not
one of its best features.  The bayonet on plastic lenshood comes off easier
than it goes on, as I am constantly knocking it off.  I also feel the build
quality is not up to my previous Nikkor lenses, all MF lenses.  As I said, I
should have went with the 80-200/2.8 as it would have been a better choice
for my needs.  If I could find a used DM-R in the $3000 range I think I
would get it and sell the D200 as I hardly use it.  Although that I think
will have to wait with my getting the M8 this past month.  ;-)

Gene

-------------- Original message from "Jayanand Govindaraj"
<jayanand@gmail.com>: --------------