Subject: [Leica] IMG Don's PAW Week 10 Las Vegas with no glitz
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Wed Mar 14 16:42:13 2007

Luis,
Yes, the Kodak chip in the M8 is not especially clean at ISO's over 320.  It
doesn't especially bother me as I have just recently come from film and
grain over 400 is expected.  However, if it offended me, there are some
pretty sophisticated programs that will eliminate the grain at a not very
large loss of sharpness.  NIK software demonstrated some pretty wonderful
software that allowed a very large degree of control in sharpening and
reducing noise in a very good workflow.

Thanks for commenting.  If you purchased the M8 you would not find the noise
a problem, the choice to keep or remove is there.