Subject: [Leica] M8 use filters or not
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Tue Mar 13 17:32:04 2007

Scott,
The M8 is a tool.  All tools have flaws.  The trick is to use a tool where
it is strong and try not to use it where the flaws cause you issues. I
wouldn't use an M8 for a cheap wedding where everyone is wearing a plastic
tux.  I wouldn't use an M8 for a fashion shoot or advertising where absolute
color fidelity was critical.  Macro is probably not a first choice either.
Now for everything else, pick the thing up and start shooting.  It is quick
enough, more than sharp enough, dynamic range is not a problem as you will
see from some shots on Sunday, small, unobtrusive, and most of all an
extension of my hand/eye.  What Ted has said for probably decades: WOW, look
at (click) that.