Subject: [Leica] M8 UV/IR Filters
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Mon Mar 12 20:03:10 2007

On 3/12/07 10:31 PM, "Don Dory" <don.dory@gmail.com> typed:

> Leica is in the unenviable position of being heavily back ordered on almost
> everything.  I had a chat with them at PMA: they were very happy about the
> response to the new products but very upset that so much was not available
> for weeks.  On the other hand, the folks over at the Zeiss booth were
> pretty
> upbeat and will begin shipping the 21 F4.5 Biogon and the 18mm Distagon
> around May.
>
> The hotfilters are somewhat of a problem, but different folks have them at
> different times so perhaps spend a little money and get one or two key
> filters for the lens(s) that your use most.

But two issues someone says on the lug today the filters are coming out free
now from Leica.
For me the other more critical issue is any day now we're going to hear
about someone who's got one of the just made M8's. Not dry yet fresh out of
the press.
And they're going to be talking about how there are NO magenta issues.
And who wants to buy his cut off filters? People will probably be giving
them away some having paid big bucks some having paid nothing.

Then the people who are shooting with the cameras with the cut off filters
standing right next to the ones with newer cameras with no need of the
filter are going to feel out of whack. Miffed. Ripped off.
Not so great. And I forgot.

Not to be a pain in the but but I'll place my order order when I start
hearing the news about the cameras with the bugs gone.
Debugged.

Mark Rabiner
8A/109s
New York, NY