Subject: [Leica] "Leica type" 28mm f/3.5 lens on that site???
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sun Mar 11 18:22:17 2007

On 3/11/07 9:19 PM, "Ric Carter" <ricc@mindspring.com> typed:

> from Gandy:
> 28  The newest and best in the low cost 28 contest is the 28/3.5
> Voigtlander. The 28/2.8 Minolta for the CLE is about half the size of
> the 28 Elmarits at less than half the price.    Another lightweight
> alternative is the 28/2.8 Ricoh lens, made for the Japanese home
> market.  Don't overlook the small LTM 28/3.5 Kobalux aka Bower.
>
> 28's The best buy is clearly the Voigtlander 28/3.5, add the bayonet
> adapter.    The problem with the Minolta CLE's 28/2.8 is that it
> often has edge separation.   The 28/3.5 Kobalux aka Bower aka Adorama
> is very nicely finished, very small and lightweight, in LTM so it
> will fit screw mounts or M's, and comes with a nice finder.   If the
> mount is good, the 28/5.6 Russian lens with a bayonet adapter is
> another low priced alternative for about $100.
>
> 28/3.5 Kobalux aka Bower aka Adorama.   Nicely finished chrome lens
> with good finder, very small and lightweight and priced right.   Add
> the bayonet adapter.
>
> <http://cameraquest.com/mlenses.htm>
>
> Ric Carter
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/ricc/

BUY BUY means cheapest 28mm lens which makes a image and you can see their
faces?
Or BEST BUY means lens Stephan Gandy says it cost a tenth of what a Leica
cost and makes a comparible image and we can't see any reason to not believe
him so lets just go out and get one?

Or best buy means....?

I cant see how we're going to know what the best buy is when no ones touched
one yet.

Mark Rabiner
8A/109s
New York, NY