Subject: [Leica] Didier's PAW 2007 #11
From: leica at screengang.com (Didier Ludwig)
Date: Sun Mar 11 11:09:03 2007

Ted,

Yes it was outdoor at Europe's largest artificial ice skating surface, the
Dolder Eisbahn in Zurich. Straight sunlight at 5 pm. I did some video
shooting of my daughter's skate show, which I did more from the left
(shadow) side of the rink. Afterwards I wanted to pack my gear in the car
but then thought the direct counterlight could be quite attractive for some
additional photographs.

Ric: I tried several croppings, at top and right, but the more I cropped,
the more the picture got a kind of "tele lens character", and the
composition got less interesting. The showed version is about 80-90% of the
original shot (which was at approx. 150mm eq. focal length on the strongly
off-topic compact digicam I used).

Thanks to all who looked and commented
Didier

Message from tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant) ([Leica] Didier's PAW 2007 #11)