Subject: [Leica] why users love it
From: grduprey at mchsi.com (grduprey@mchsi.com)
Date: Fri Mar 9 20:07:19 2007

Walt,

I would not say I'm in love with my M8, but I surely love how it feels and
functions in my hands.  It produces excellent images IMO, and that is what
it is really about.  Is it worth the price, only the individual can say, in
my case, Yes it is worth the price, just as a Canon EOS 1Ds MKII is worth it
to the people who buy them.  I have not turned my D200 on since the M8
arrived, except to take a photo of it and my M6TTL together.  As to the
DEFECTS, Way Over Blown!  Mine has performed just as I expected it to, no
AWB, battery, or functional problems what so ever have surfaced, even in -4
F temps (sitting in the car at these temps all day long) and even some rain.
 Magengta shifts, occasionally, but the filter solves the problem, and from
there who cares.  As Ted says - set it and forget about it, just shoot
photos.  (May not be exactly what Ted says, but the idea is correct).  Had
some operator errors with my SF24D flash for a bit, but with some LUG
members I got that straightened
 out.

>From the looks of it, there are quite a few here on the LUG who feel it is
>worth buying and using.