Subject: [Leica] IMG: Week Nine PAW (Ricc)
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Fri Mar 9 17:22:46 2007

Ric Carter offered:
Subject: Re: [Leica] IMG: Week Nine PAW (Ricc)

> Thanks, Ted.
>
> Sometimes, that moment of tranquility comes only with the push of the
> shutter. It is often what I shoot for -- not the image so much as the
> moment within. It sounds a like artsy BS, but...

Hi Ric,
But this part of photography is missed by a great number of people.  No it
isn't artsy, it's about feelings and that's what sorts out some from the
snap shooters! If one doesn't feel the moment then it's nothing more than a
mechanical click.

> Hey, taking pictures is a good method of meditation for me.<<<

After some of my hectic assignments,certainly away from home for a couple of
months or so on subjects beyond imagination at times. The most relaxing and
rejuvenating part was in the garden shooting nice quiet stuff! Or walking by
the ocean, camera on shoulder or neck. Not looking for pictures, but if a
moment of visual feeling happened I made an attempt to put it on film. A
great help to re-fire the photo engines for the next assignment, sometimes
within hours once again.

> The best of times = when that moment hits someone else later on  seeing
> the image.<<,,

This is the double whammy of satisfaction! :-) Yer happy with it in the
first place and shot it.  But when someone else feels what you did at the
moment of picture motivation, then that makes the picture more worthwhile!
:-)

ted

Message from hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson) ([Leica] IMG: Week Nine PAW (Ricc))
Message from tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant) ([Leica] IMG: Week Nine PAW (Ricc))