Subject: [Leica] OT: Mountain-Climbing and Ansel Adams and Mark Rabiner
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu Mar 8 22:28:14 2007

> Mark -  As you go around Central Park stop in at Sarabeth's
> restaurant on Central Park South and say hello to my
> daughter.  Laura's working as a manager there.  She probably won't
> have her Leica at work but she does photograph a lot in the park with
> it.  She still loves New York but wants me to send her some warm
> weather from South Carolina (and she wishes she could have her dog in
> her apartment - I do, too!)
>
> Tina

That's exactly 50 blocks 50 minutes south on level ground piece of cake I
can even get back.
When that guy left that cake out in the rain I hope it wasn't Central Park I
bet it was Morningside.  No MacArthur of course I just checked and I just
map quested MacArthur Park and and its in Little Rock AR so I'll not be
tripping over it over here soon.
That's one cake out of the way. At night. And it would be frozen like a
Baskin Robbins so you'd best not be wearing sandals. You'd be a Baskin case.
Which would be better than dieing of embarrassment.

I'll go down there with Leica round neck but what's the name of that
restaurant again?

I had lunch on a swank place in Central Park South last week you never eat
lunch alone in NY there's always another table pushed right against yours
with someone in it you've probably never met. And they don't want to talk to
you.   But it was a 40 year old mother and 10 year old daughter and it was
very Salinger. A perfect day for Banana cake. All kinds of cakes stacked on
a tall platter thing with stilts. They had.
I had Tuna Ni?oise it was pouring outside.
But as they were on my right side I didn't have to try to not listen to
them. I didn't hear a word. You get total privacy on my right side now in
NY. Clank your silverware all you want. Slurp your Udon Noodles.
Talk about your diet life or sex life of better yet.....
Military history.
I'd probably edge into the conversation then.

Mark Rabiner
8A/109s
New York, NY

markrabiner.com

Replies: Reply from images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] OT: Mountain-Climbing and Ansel Adams and Mark Rabiner)