Subject: [Leica] ltm to M adaptors
From: eduardoalbesi at ciudad.com.ar (Eduardo Albesi)
Date: Thu Mar 8 21:20:54 2007

This is absolutely true. Depth of focus (not depth of field) is very
shallow with WA lenses, as it decreases with focal length. I have two
cheap Leica R-to-Canon EOS adapters, which differ by a mere few
microns in thickness. I achieve perfect  focus at infinite with a
90/2R and a 135/2.8R with both of them, but they loose infinite focus
when using a 28/2.8R. With a 12mm this should be drastically more
critical. I would stay with the Leica original adapter rings.

I do not think to remember the correct formula to calculate depth of
focus (was it "focal length by aperture divided 1000"?), but somebody
on the list will surely do.

Best

Ed

El 08/03/2007, a las 22:16, Phil Swango escribi?: