Subject: OT was RE: [Leica] IMG: Sydney Harbourside now beer
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson)
Date: Thu Mar 8 16:39:24 2007

Philippe, I've attended an organised tasting with some notes and discussions
at that venue once. It was enjoyable and informative.
Regarding the Stella, I understand that it doesn't have a premium reputation
in the UK for example. As draught from these beer
cafes, it's very palatable, without having the character of the other brews,
perhaps. Certainly thirst quenching while you peruse
the menu. Served in these cafes, there is a formal process for each beer
type, sort of like watching your Japanese food prepared as
part of the enjoyment. Differing glasses and drink coasters for each. The
customer is offered an explanatory sheet with some notes
and description for the brews on offer. A Stella starts with the clean glass
washed, chilled, poured, the head levelled with a
spatula and then the stem rinsed before the drink is presented on its own
coaster. Bottled it is available here as imported or a
locally brewed version. I really get annoyed when the local version is sold
at import prices. I don't think they taste at all the
same, either.

Cheers
Hoppy