Subject: [Leica] OT - PDQ Bach in Concert
From: marcsmall at comcast.net (Marc James Small)
Date: Tue Mar 6 19:16:24 2007

At 09:42 PM 3/6/2007, Jeffery Smith wrote:
 >If you are a PDQ Bach fan, the new DVD out there (Houston, we have a
 >problem) is not his shtick with the props, but it is still pretty good. No
 >exploding podiums, tromboon, or lasso d'amore. It is a shame that he didn't
 >record his concerts back in his heyday.

Jeffery

Peter most certainly did make such recordings,
and multiple CD's and -- remember these? -- vinyl
records were produced from his concerts.  I
forget which one, but one of the cuts on one of
his albums was from a concert I attended.  I had
thought that Schickele had quit doing PDQ Bach
concerts and am glad to find out that I am
wrong:  for years, he would only do a piece or
two at his Christmas concerts in New York.

His web-site is worthy of a visit:

http://www.schickele.com/

"And now for a picture of the building housing
the Department of Automotive Repair and
Macro-Economics at the University of Southern
North Dakota at Hoople".  And, of course,

RIP, PDQ Bach, that maven of Wein-am-Rhein, born
in 1807 and dead in 1742, thanks to the chicanery of the Bach family.

Marc

msmall@aya.yale.edu
Cha robh b?s fir gun ghr?s fir!

Replies: Reply from douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp) ([Leica] OT - PDQ Bach in Concert)