Subject: [Leica] Re: Re: Baked Clams (now baked onions)
From: benmarks2005 at gmail.com (Benjamin Marks)
Date: Tue Mar 6 15:26:32 2007

Red onions with the ends cut off, then cut in half.  Drizzle with olive oil
on onions' open face, sprinkle with coarse salt and cracked black pepper.
Place in the oven on a baking sheet at 400 F until carmelized (you have to
look in on them . . . make it a little over an hour, maybe an hour and a
half). Remove, drizzle with a good balsamic vinegar and serve warm or at
room temperature.   The onions shrink as they lose moisture, so its OK to
start with a fair-size onion.  Other types of onion will work just fine, but
the red ones look nice.

Ben

>Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Baked Clams and LUG Cookbook
Ben...those onions sound terrific!  What else is in them and how long/temp
did you bake them?

Montie

>While you're thinking, I made some baked red oinions w/olive oil & balsamic
vinegar as well as a chick pea and farro soup for some guests this weekend.
Yummo.

Ben Marks

Replies: Reply from montoid at earthlink.net (Montie) ([Leica] Re: Re: Baked Clams (now baked onions))