Subject: [Leica] M8 UV/IR Filters
From: len-1 at comcast.net (Leonard Taupier)
Date: Tue Mar 6 10:28:24 2007

Henning,

I'm not so sure it would be a problem. But I'm not sure until I run a
test. What is certain is that Cyan creep is a problem with a wide
lens, like the 21mm, on the M8 when using the UV/IR filter. An
indoor, flash picture without the filter is much better then with it.
In this case, until new firmware corrects it, the cure is worse then
the illness. I have not tested every WA lens so I don't know the
extent of the problem.

I can say one thing though. A D200 with a 20mm lens and the IR/UV
filter does not have Cyan creep. This would tell me that film cameras
would not have the problem either, unless the severe angle of WA
rangefinder lenses aggravates the problem. In any case more testing
is required as well as the judicious use of the filter.

Len