Subject: [Leica] IMG/MPG German Coastguard
From: douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp)
Date: Tue Mar 6 06:39:12 2007

Hello, Len
I have quite a bit to do with a translation agency close to Frankfurt
that had the following line on their website
" We can dispose of over 50 expert translators at short notice" -
dangerous business!
Correcting their website was my third job for them.
Here are a couple of amusing ones that emerged during proofreading over
the last few months

Medical (not meteorology):
The hormonal changes in the menopause can lead to unpleasant symptoms
such as heat waves.

Tourism (not kidnapping):
We abduct your customers into the ever-changing scenery of our island

Furniture (not a condo for homosexuals with an underwear fetish):
Gay housing with blue drawers

Christmas wishes:
For the approaching Christmas season we wish you reflective hours on the
bosom of your families

I just love the last two

Cheers
Douglas