Subject: [Leica] A PAW shot I really like
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson)
Date: Mon Mar 5 03:51:17 2007

Frank, it is a great shot, isn't it? Brian did mention in a reply to one
response that it was taken at about 3 feet. What I was
saying is that the perspective (irrespective of focal length) is the same at
the same distance, but to get the same field of view
(as the cropped 28 shot)with a 75 you would need to be further away. From
further back the perspective will be different.
Specifically the features would appear flatter than when shot from closer.
Look again at Brian's pic. I bet you can see some
distortion of the subject's nose. My wife would beat me up if I enhanced her
nose shooting from 3 feet! So back at, for example, 10
feet you will have more flattering perspective, and, of course by not
cropping the resolution is higher, as you noted.
Option B is that my brain is out of gear owing to currently recovering from
flu!

Cheers
Hoppy