Subject: [Leica] Exposure and Development
From: kcarney1 at cox.net (Ken Carney)
Date: Thu Mar 1 18:59:25 2007

I looked at my Pentax digital spotmeter (I also have a LunaPro which is a
little more accurate in really low light).  It has a ring on the lens
showing the various zones.  On the grip is taped a sheet with film speeds
for various developers and films, depending on the amount of expansion or
contraction.  Plus, I have the John Sexton slosher for really really high
contrast negs.  Then, it turns out that my best image was taken with a Holga
(TriX in D76 1:1 - you have to try to make an unprintable TriX neg).  Now,
there is this histogram thingy on the back of my camera.  I like it.  It
tells me if I have shadow and highlight detail, especially highlight.  If I
don't like it, I can take another one and the histogram falls into place. I
like the histogram thing much better.  I don't have to tape up the hotel
bathroom and load film holders while everyone else is lapping up good scotch
at the bar downstairs.

Ken