Subject: [Leica] IMG: Dull afternoon waiting
From: douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp)
Date: Sun Feb 25 17:22:47 2007

Spent a dull Sunday afternoon hour or so waiting for our son Florian
(18) to finish his extra tuition in (would you believe it!) German

The top end of the street where his teacher lives
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DMS/New-Old-Pictures/_MG_5478_edited-1.jpg.html

The bottom end of the street, a typical Hannoverian corner "Kiosk"
(mostly newspapers, magazines, booze and tobacco)
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DMS/New-Old-Pictures/_MG_5474_edited-1.jpg.html

It started to drizzle, so we went across the road into the "Fuchsbau", a
German-Austrian Restaurant where time appears to stand still (except for
the prices), they still haven't managed to take down their Christmas
decorations.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DMS/New-Old-Pictures/_MG_5484_edited-1.jpg.html

Florian finally arrives, the Fuchsbau was already sarting to get steamy
from the kitchen (just behind the bar on the right)
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DMS/New-Old-Pictures/_MG_5485_edited-1.jpg.html

I'm sure there are much nicer places to be in Hannover :-)  they've just
opened a new "Sea-Life" aquarium here, if the queues are smaller in the
middle of the week there may be a chance of a visit.
Cheers
Douglas

Replies: Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (Lottermoser George) ([Leica] IMG: Dull afternoon waiting)
Reply from luisripoll at telefonica.net (Luis Ripoll) ([Leica] IMG: Dull afternoon waiting)