Subject: [Leica] 90mm Hexanon or Elmarit on M8? -DAS
From: dstella1 at ameritech.net (Dante Stella)
Date: Sun Feb 25 06:49:10 2007

Ok, a few quick questions for the M8 early adopters.

1.      Practically, how usable is the 90mm focal length on an M8 (eq. to
118mm)?  I really don't like the 135mm framelines, but with no M8s in
my area to look at, I have no idea what to expect.

2.      At the 90mm setting, are the framelines large enough to
differentiate the focusing spot from the frame?

3.      Does anyone have any experience with a 90 Hexanon on the M8?  Any
weird imaging characteristics that come out with digital?  Kodak
sensors, as I have learned from the Kodak 14n, can be unforgiving.

4.      How does the 35/1.4 ASPH Summiliux perform on the M8?

5.      In practical terms, when traveling, what kind of battery life do
people get?

I was looking at M8s and figured that buying one would be a good
excuse to clear out about half of my Nikon AF lenses (the half
composed of expensive, bulky, seldom-used ones) and one of my less-
used Fuji 645 cameras - so long as I can fall back on the relatively
fast Leica-mount primes I already have.

Thanks
Dante

Replies: Reply from firkin at ncable.net.au (Alastair Firkin) ([Leica] 90mm Hexanon or Elmarit on M8? -DAS)